Established in 1995, and set in the historical former All Saints Parsonage, Cloisters has maintained many traditional features while creating a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Relax by the stove, enjoy one of nine cask ales, 10 keg beers and over 70 malt whiskies.
With carefully selected, maintained and served cask and keg beer from breweries up and down the country, and across the world, there will always be something to quench your thirst.
Changes From Mon 9th August
Having discussed it with staff and considering the opinions of a number of customers over the last week or so. Additionally bearing in mind that some of our team are not yet fully vaccinated. We have decided on the following for the time being.
- As social distancing between households no longer applies, we will bring all our tables up and have full seated capacity.
- We’ll also add a couple of Stools at drinking shelves
- As we have to ensure people track and trace and we will still have a somewhat limited (although considerably larger) capacity we will still require people to wait to be seated.
- We are still doing table services but customers who wish can now order & pay at the bar.
- please note we are still card payments only at present but cash will return at some point.
- Unfortunately for the time being there will be NO standing/sitting at the bar to drink. (We will keep this under review) *
- MASKS MUST BE WORN WHEN MOVING AROUND THE PUB. This includes going to toilets and ESPECIALLY when ordering at the bar.
- Staff will continue to wear masks for your protection.
- There now should be less need to take bookings with our increased capacity but we will continue to take advance bookings (at least day before) to avoid disappointment.
- No same day bookings though I’m afraid.
*Due to some confusion around the govt announcement, in particular with regards “vertical drinking”, we feel it’s important to have clear instructions in place. I know some will be disappointed that they cannot yet stand at the bar (as I am). However, the potential for confusion & conflict created by people standing with no masks at the bar then staff requesting those ordering at the bar or going to the loo to mask up is nonsensical.
I understand that the above won’t please everyone but hope everyone appreciates the consideration we put into making the pub as safe and as welcoming as possible. Thanks for all your support.
Hopefully see you at the bar for a pint before too long!
To book a table please call 0131 221 9997 or
e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware we can confirm bookings far quicker by phone.
Monday - Thursday 12pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday 12pm - 10pm
Sunday 12:30pm - 10pm
26 Brougham Street
Edinburgh, EH3 9JH
0131 221 9997